Please read before Saturday’s Ride
Key things to remember:
Location – The Sadistic Century (100 Mile, 100 Km, 60 Km) and Menomin Meander rides start and end at the Dunn County Recreation Park in the Fanetti Building, 620 17th Street SE, Menomonie, WI 54751
Registration opens at 6:30 AM
- All pre-registered riders must come in arena and sign waiver
- Riders registered before August 1, 2021 will get free Tee Shirt
- Day-of registration available, bring your friends!
- Please wear a mask when you are in the building.
- Limited Tee Shirts will be available for $20
- Raffle Tickets Available for Purchase before Ride
- You can join the mass group start at 7:10 AM with a police escort through town!
- 100Km and 100Mile Riders who miss the group start are encouraged to start by 8:00 AM.
- 60Km Riders should start by 8:30 AM
Course and Marking
- Road is marked with yellow painted arrows on the road. There are 3 arrows prior to each turn and a confirmation arrow after the turn.
- You should be able to ride the course without a cue sheet or GPS
- GPS and cuesheets are available on our website, please print your own if you want to have one. Some may be available on-site.
- No Garmin? Try RidewithGPS. Use phone and have audible turn-by-turn directions from you phone in your pocket. Install RidewithGPS App and find route at: https://ridewithgps.com/events/156623-2021-sadistic-century .
- There is some road construction on the course and we have had to make a small change to the course from 2019.
Ride Not a Race!
- The Sadistic Century is a supported ride, not a race. Please follow all rules of the road and be cautious on downhills. Some roads have sand and gravel or bad pavement in places. Please call 911 in an emergency and call 715-330-4646 for SAG support.
- We will have three rest stops that you will pass by twice each (six times).
- The first (and fourth) one is at the 13 and 56 mile marker where County Roads P and K intersect.
- The second (and third) rest stop is at the 30 and 36 mile markers just after the steep downhill just north of I-94.
- The fifth (and sixth) one is at the top of Star Hill at the 66 and 74 mile markers.
- Each rest stop has a portable toilet, food (bars, cookies, bananas, PB&J Sandwich, Hard Boiled Eggs), and hydration supplies (water, sport drink, pickle juice).
- The rest stops are available on the following schedule:
- The 2nd rest stop (30 and 36 mile markers) will close at 11:30 AM
- The 1st/4th rest stop (13 and 56 mile markers) will close at 1:00 PM
- The 5th/6th rest stop (66 and 74 mile markers) will close at 2:30 PM
- SAG support will be available until 4:00 PM, so plan your start time and mileage accordingly. SAG Phone 715-330-4646
After the Ride
- Mens and Womens Locker Room/Showers Facilities available, but participants must provide their own towels and toiletries.
- Taco Bar Lunch
- A complimentary taco bar lunch will be served at the start/finish facility from 11:00am to 4:00pm.
- Includes meat and vegetarian options with all the fixings.
- Craft beer from one of our sponsors, Brewery Nonic a local breweries.
- Lunch Tables will be set-up outside weather permitting
COVID – 19
Finally, a word of caution: we have recently had a number of cases of breakthrough COVID-19 in Dunn County. We are carefully monitoring developments as they occur and obtain regular input from our health authorities. However, the situation is evolving and may necessitate changes to how we conduct registration and serve lunch. Please wear a mask when you are in the building.